If you've got the tracks, I’ve got the contacts.
Please email all of your songs and/or lyrics to SongMD@SongMd.com. Songs must be in mp3 format with lyrics, and your questions, on the same day, for the same consultation.
Submit lyric sheets, not lead sheets. Very few people in the music business can actually read music. But they can hear!
Each version of each song is a separate song. When submitting revisions of songs previously sent for consultation, please pay for the new consultation.
Assuming what you send me for consultation is a good fit for current projects in the marketplace, I will hook you up with those projects.
All songs and/or lyrics must be written or co-written by the same person.
When you have your consultation scheduled with Molly, she will allow a fifteen minutes grace period. If you still don't show for your consultation, you will forfeit it. To reschedule, Molly charges a $75.00 No Show fee. In order for the package price to apply, we need you to pay for your consultation and email all your songs/lyrics/questions on the same day. Otherwise, we will have to charge you an additional $150.00 per song. Once a consultation has been paid for, there are no refunds. Thank you for respecting the professional parameters of this consultancy.
Molly is in California. When calculating the time difference between where you are and where she is, type "time now in California" into any search engine, and you will get it just right.
That said, bring it!
Once you have selected your items, please check out by going to the top right of your screen and click on the small black shopping cart.
What Happens During A Lyric Consultation?
The power players in the music business are acutely aware that Molly knows the best new, lyricists, unsigned bands, writers/artists everywhere, and constantly seek her out for referrals.
Seven of Molly’s clients are Grammy winners. Twelve more are Grammy nominees.
Among her personal songwriting services, Molly offers a careful, complete and professional opinion of your lyrics, based on her 35 years in the music business in L.A., Nashville, New York and London. She does this by means of consultation/evaluation.
What happens in your lyric consultation with Molly-Ann Leikin
1. Molly offers one-one one songwriting services. No check lists. No forms. You get Molly.
2. When you submit your lyrics for consultation, and pay Molly’s modest professional fee, she will thoughtfully review each of your lyrics, make detailed notes about every syllable, and help you decide which of your lyrics are the strongest candidates for success in the current marketplace.
3. Molly gives you gentle and supportive feedback, while telling you the truth, and nothing but the truth, about your writing.
4. Much of the work submitted to Molly for consultation is just right for the marketplace as is. But sometimes, there may be a song or two in your consulting package that needs a little tweaking before it can realistically compete with the best songs out there.
As part of her songwriting services, during your lyric consultation, Molly will go through each of your lyrics, syllable-by-syllable, making very specific suggestions on how to tweak your work just a tad so it is as strong as it need to be to compete with the very best work out there. That’s all included in Molly’s consulting fee.
6. Assuming what you send for consultation is a good fit for the current marketplace, Molly will hook you up with composers and/or singer/songwriters in your genre who are looking for talented, new lyricists. There is no additional fee for this referral.
7. Once your whole song is finished – with words and music - the composer, who most likely has a home studio and records digitally, will make your song sound as full and professional as the hits on iTunes and the Billboard charts. No demos. Masters. Using a digital studio, chances are good there will be no cost to you for the recording, especially if the melody writer, or his best buddy, sings, which is usually the case.
8. If you revise your lyrics after your initial consultation, as one of her songwriting services, Molly will arrange a follow-up consultation on previously submitted material at a friendly, reduced fee. Revisions are not included in Molly’s original consulting fee. Each version of each song is a separate song.
9. Molly is not the music police. She does not control the Industry. Her professional feedback and songwriting services are based on her 35 years of experience in the industry and on her being in the trenches, every day, hearing who needs what for whom, and when.
10. While Molly’s doors are open to all talented writers, if you can’t take professional criticism, instead of seeking out Molly’s songwriting services for a consultation/market evaluation of your lyrics, send them to your mother.
11. If you want a guaranteed “This is brilliant, you’ll be #1 on iTunes by sundown” response, send your work to “scuzzbuckets in Tuscaloosa”. You can identify a slimeball when he offers you prizes sight unseen, he “publishes” your lyrics for a fee and offers to “write” a worthless, recycled melody, recorded by someone who sings flat, for $200.00. Not.
12. When you want professional songwriting services, from someone in the real music industry, Molly is here for you.
Write well today. We’re in your corner all the way.